Hempiness Organic Active Socks
We’re in love with these super comfy active socks for so many reasons. If you're looking for a sustainable planet-friendly pair of socks then look no further! These socks are the ideal blend of durable hemp and soft organic cotton fibres that will be as long-lasting as they are great-feeling! In fact, because they’re hemp-based, they should get softer with every wash, so they’ll get better with age and use.
We’re in love with these super comfy active socks for so many reasons. They’re the ideal blend of durable hemp and soft organic cotton fibres that will be as long-lasting as they are great-feeling! In fact, because they’re hemp-based, they should get softer with every wash, so they’ll get better with age and use.
We adore hemp as a material - it’s naturally thermo-dynamic, which means that these socks will help keep your feet warm when it’s cold, and will help keep them cool when it’s warm - great to wear all year round. It’s also a really effective material in wicking away moisture from the skin, ensuring that your feet stay fresh from morning to evening, which makes them an ideal choice for hiking socks. Hemp’s great as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal material too, which can be really important when choosing a sock that’s kind on your feet.
Hemp demands less water than alternative natural materials, and requires absolutely no pesticide, herbicide or chemical fertilizer in its production and is 100% biodegradable. It’s also a natural carbon sink, meaning that it is brilliant at capturing CO2 from the atmosphere and trapping it, and is able to grow in soil where other crops can’t, whilst leaving the earth better and more fertile than the day it was planted!
Although we always try to keep things as natural as possible, this product isn’t 100% Organic. We found that to provide that little bit of elasticity for your comfort, some synthetic materials were needed. 4% Elastane and 1% Nylon makes up the rest of the blend aside from the Organic Hemp and Cotton that is 95% of material blend.
• ANTIBACTERIAL - Hemp fabric is naturally antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial! Keeps you fresh all day long.
• THERMODYNAMIC - Regulates your body temperature. Keeping you cool when it's hot and warm when it's not!
• BREATHABLE - Allows air to flow easily, speeding up sweat evaporation and reducing the risk of sweat marks.
• INSULATING - Hemp's hollow fibres make it an incredibly good insulator, meaning these t's make a great base-layer.
• MOISTURE-WICKING - Hemp wicks away sweat and dampness from the surface of the skin, keeping you dry and confident.
• LONG-LASTING - Hemp is around 3x more durable than cotton, meaning this garment benefits from a longer useful lifespan.
• BIODEGRADABLE - When this garment is disposed of, it will break down naturally into the environment leaving no nasty pollutants.
• OXYGEN BLEACHED - A more eco-friendly option than traditional bleaching techniques.
• ECO-DYED - Fibre reactive dyes are used to produce long-lasting vibrant colours, balanced with eco-friendliness.
• 100% NATURAL & ORGANIC - The hemp used in these t-shirts is grown without the use of chemicals or artificial fertilisers.
Fabric: Organic Hemp 53%, Organic Cotton 42%, Elastane 4%. Nylon 1%
These socks come with a card label, fastened with a small recyclable polypropylene tag.